Overview: Zoom is a real-time web conferencing application much like Skype. Zoom can be downloaded and installed easily, and is available on Windows, PC, iOS, Android and Blackberry devices. This rest of this guide help will get you started using Zoom.
Download & Install Zoom
Click the appropriate link to download Zoom on your device.
Windows & Mac : http://zoom.us/download (download the Zoom Client for Meetings)
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id546505307
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings
- Blackberry: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59949934
Join a Meeting
Join Using a Link
If you were sent a link to join a Zoom meeting, or if you found it posted online, just click the link and follow the on-screen instructions to join the meeting.
Join Using a Meeting ID
You can use a 9, 10 or 11 digit meeting ID to join a meeting.
1. Open the Zoom Application.
2. Click the blue Join a Meeting button.
3. Enter your 9 or 10 digit Meeting ID and Your Name.
4. Click Join.
Quick Tips for Using Zoom
- If you are using an external camera and/or microphone be sure to plug them in before opening the Zoom application. We recommend using a headset if possible.
- Only 1 microphone and speaker system should be active per physical location. Otherwise the 2 systems may cause a loud screeching sound.
- Be sure to mute yourself when you are not speaking.
- Use the Chat feature to ask questions without interrupting the speaker.
- You cannot record unless you are the meeting host, or the meeting host allows you permission to record.
- Zoom sessions without a Zoom Pro user signed in will be limited to 45 minutes.
Zoom User Interface
Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Zoom user interface.
1. Mute or unmute your microphone
2. Start or stop your video feed
3. Invite participants to the meeting
4. Manage or view a list of meeting participants
5. Share your screen
6. Open the Chat window
7. Record the meeting
8. Leave the meeting
9. Video Area