If you do not know where a files or folder is located, you can use the Search companion to locate it in the local storage such asHard Disk, Floppy, CD or in the network drive (if the system is partof a network). The Indexing Service provided by the Search maintainsan index of all the files on your computer, making searchesfaster.
To search for a file or folder
1. Click on Start, and click on Search.
2. Select All files and folders from the left hand side of the windows.
3. Type the name of the file or folder in part or full, or type a word or phrase that exists in the file to be searched.
4. If you do not have any of the above information select one or more of the remaining options:
- In Look in, click the drive, folder, or network you want to search.
- Click on When was it modified? to look for files that were created or modified on or between specific dates.
- To look for files of a specific size, click on What size is it? Select a size.
- Click on More advanced options to specify additional search criteria.
5. Once you finish specifying the search criteria, click on Search to locate the file.
Similarly you can search for specific information on Internet, or people in your address book, search for a printer or a computer on your network.