The following list introduces you to the most common programs in Microsoft Office 2010 and gives you a brief description of each program’s purpose. Depending on which version of Office 2010 you have and whether you purchased any additional Office programs, you might have some or all of these programs installed on your computer.
- Microsoft Access 2010 is a relational database program for storing, retrieving, and analyzing data.
- Microsoft Excel 2010 is a worksheet program for organizing, analyzing, and graphing data.
- Microsoft OneNote 2010 is an electronic note-taking program for gathering, sharing, and organizing handwritten, typed, copied, drawn, or recorded notes.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 is an e-mail program and a great way to manage your contacts, tasks, and schedules.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 is a program for developing and sharing professional presentations.
- Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing program for intricate placement of text and graphics on the printed page or on the Web.
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is a program that enables you to create a shared workspace where you and team members can share files, create document libraries, discuss projects, and more
- Microsoft InfoPath 2010 (Designer and Filler) is a set of two programs that make it easy to design effective forms andenter the data you want to collect.
- Microsoft Word 2010 is a powerful word processing programfor doing everything from writing a letter to writing a novel tocreating mass mailings.