One characteristic of longer documents is that they are likely to need headers and footers that provide identifying information about the file. A header might include, for example, the name of the document (or a shortened version of the name), and a footer might include the author’s name as well as the page and section numbers. Word 2010 enables you to add and work with headers and footers directly on your document page. You can create simple headers and footers by choosing the style you want from the gallery or customize the look to fit your own needs.
To create header and footer in office 2010 follow the below mention steps
- On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click the Header tool.
- Click the item in the gallery representing the Header style you’d like to add.(continued
- If there are placeholders in the header,click the placeholder field or text, andselect or type your information.
- Click the Footer tool, select the gallerystyle you want to use, and enter thefooter information.
- Click the Close Header And Footer toolin the Header & Footer Tools Designtab to return to the main part of yourdocument.
- If you want to edit the contents of theheader or footer, double-click it to activatethe area, and make your changes.